Sunday, September 6, 2009

D-Day (departure, that is) and Deutschland

So it is 9:39 AM here in Germany and I am enjoying a breakfast of pineapple and sprite... I am already hating how difficult it is to find water that isn't carbonated. My flight here was uneventful but probably the most uncomfortable flight I have ever been on. I do not recommend flying Lufthansa... but enough of the negative. The weather is beautiful here. It definately beats Houston's. Other than that there isn't really much to say. I already miss everyone and don't think that the reality of four months has really kicked in yet. I got a taste of what I am really getting myself into when I boarded the plane yesterday and was offered every newspaper known to man in German. Though I politely declined, it hit me that I really was not going to be in America for this semester. Though I was accepted into this program six months ago, I guess I never really realized that I would be doing it. As strange as this probably sounds... it still does not feel completely real despite the fact that I am in Germany and I am now the foreigner. We'll see how I feel once I get to Rome. Ciao!

-XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment