So it has been quite a while since I last blogged... and I feel like I have forgotten so many things. I am currently sitting in a hostel in London, but spent last week in Sicily. We were there from the 9th to the 17th and did and saw so many amazing things that it would take a year to blog about all of it now. I actually might try to do some writing on a train in a few days and then post it then. Not to completely underscore that week though, let me just say that Sicily is quite possibly the most beautiful place I have ever been to. The sky is this amazing blue and the clouds are so close you can almost touch them. It's mountainous but the coastal regions are absolutely gorgeous. So Sicily has a much different history than mainland Italy. It was colonized so many times, but what we focused on was the colonization of Sicily by the Greeks- yay! I love the Greeks. Because Sicily is not on the mainland the temples and Greek towns are preserved amazingly well. There are actually standing temples that have been standing for about 2500 years! That was definately the best part of the trip for me. Anyway, my roommates are still sleeping so I should get off for now. Just wanted to drop you all a note, letting you know that I'm still alive ;). I will make time to blog this week though- the internet is easily accessible here unlike in Sicily. Since I'm in London, Cheers!
-XOXO
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment